- – Royal College Of Art, London, Master of Arts, Printmaking
- – Brighton University, B.A. Honours Degree, Fine Art
- – Clerkenwell College, Cambridge Certificate in computer animation
- – Postgraduate Certificate Course – Professional Studies in Glass, Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design
Lives and works in East London.
PUBLIC ART COMMISSIONS private and public / RESIDENCIES / EXHIBITIONS
- – Planet X-ray – End of Road Festival 2019 – a light installation / x-ray machine from another world is to be made to transport members of the public into the spiritual world of extra terrestrial beings and beasts – ongoing
– Awarded Public art commission for Luton’s Hat District. The project is to design, fabricate and install a series of illuminated neon, enamel work or industrial signs, symbols and letters across our four key buildings/venues and historic Hat District that reference the hat making industry of the past and the creative enterprise of tomorrow – ongoing
– Awarded Mill Road depot site public art commission – developed by Cambridge Investment Partnership The project is being commissioned to enrich the new development and enhance the public space provided through the scheme and develop an artwork, or series of artworks, which enhances the setting for the new residential development on the former depot site, referencing the distinctive context of Mill Road – ongonig
– Shortlisted for United Communities art installation to the Elderberry Walk regeneration development site, Southmead, Bristol – tbc – ongoing
– Shortlisted for PEER Notices is a programme, which will enable artists to collaborate with young people involved in PEER Ambassadors to create engaging artworks and events for local people in Hoxton. PEER Ambassadors is a programme that provides paid employment and free cultural learning opportunities for young people from BAME and lower socio-economic backgrounds, including the chance to work with the lead PEER Notices artists on artistic projects. Both are part of a two-year programme supported by Paul Hamlyn Foundation.
– Shortlisted for the Newland Place public art commission in Bracknell – ‘a space arts’ project.
– Public art project for GREAT YARMOUTH STATION / EXPO. Commissioned by originalprojects; to design a 60m presentation of a train enthusiast’s photographic collection as part of Great Yarmouth Expo, a project that collects and celebrates cultural artefacts, personalities and customs from the people of Great Yarmouth.
– Collaboration project for 20M hoarding for Art on the Tideway – Through Kaleidoscope eyes’ is a public art commission, due for completion in Autumn 2018, for Tideway who are constructing the immense Thames Tideway Tunnel a major new sewer, urgently needed to help protect the tidal River Thames from increasing sewage pollution.
– Shortlisted for Public Art project with CHILD GRADDON LEWIS DESIGNERS AND ARCHITECTS, enhancing the river frontage of a new office development in Guildford.
– Artist in residence 2018 Tower Bridge – shortlist
– Shortlisted for a public art commission for an Essex Cultural Diversity Project project in Harlow. For 2018-19 the projects are focusing on five towns, Canvey Island, Harlow, Basildon, Grays and Jaywick Sands. Harlow is the focus of this commission.
– Large-scale 8x8M vitreous enamel optical wall-artwork which references the Greater London rail and tram network symbols and exact colours, and a series of 12 enamel way-finding signs, creating a unique identity for a new Bellway Homes development in Croydon.
– A collaborative installation of light projected imagery for the Thames Tunnel Shaft of the Brunel Museum by Tom Pearman & Anne Krinsky. The installation merges Pearman’s animations of faux tunneling forms, inspired by Brunel’s Tunnel and Tunnel Shaft and Krinsky’s video footage of the river and its architecture. The project is part of the Totally Thames Festival 2017, which ran through the duration of September 2017.
– Central Bedfordshire Council commissioned Pearman to undertake a public art commission for a new council community hall and council offices in Stotfold, Bedfordshire. Pearman designed and managed a vitreous enamel cladding and glazing vinyl system spanning 3 elevations. The artwork is a continuous design that overlaps 60 meters of the exterior walled area and the glazing.
– Commission for Gayhurst Community School in Hackney for a series of collaborative based wall relief art works exploring the game of consequences / misfits within a cultural context of Hackney and the wider London area and its architecture and community.
– Funded by the London Mayor’s Air Quality Fund, Tom Pearman was commissioned to design a series of enamel signs to be located within the Brockley area, in South London. The locations included a public library, a public house, a station cafe and 3 local schools. Each artwork has a different positive message on a different opening box that contains ‘CLEANER AIR’.
– Commissioned by ArtReach, Pearman devised and conducted a series of engagement sessions in a variety of locations in Holyhead, Wales, as part of IDEAS : PEOPLE : PLACES. An arts strategy to embed the arts in a genuine and meaningful way, in a small number of imaginative and innovative regeneration projects, funded by the Arts council of Wales.
– Artist in residence / architectural window design for Marshgate Primary School in collaboration with Orleans Park Gallery, London Borough of Richmond.
– Glass commission for Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust for their new hospital in Aylesbury.
– Sefton MBC Bootle Cemetery public art commission. Project involves the production of 100 site markers around the cemetery celebrating the 100th anniversary of the site.
– Spinning Top commission for Hackney Borough Council involving the fabrication of spinning tops with the public using a record turntable.
– Large-scale vitreous enamel public art project for Vale of Glamorgan Council, Barry town centre, celebrating Leon Vint’s Electric Palace, an early cinema that once stood on Thompson Street in the early part of the C20th.
– Public art scheme for Guilford Housing Association and Guildford Borough Council situated in a local playground using twenty six meters of bespoke machined industrial plastic panels, under the Percent for Art programme.
– Architectural glass commission for The John Peel Centre for Creative Arts. Built in 1835, the originally named Corn Exchange in Stowmarket now provides a high quality arts venue in the heart of Suffolk.
– Selected as the artist and consultant for a Capital Build Programme for Burnham on Crouch Primary School, Essex. Project has involved integrating artwork into the redesign of the school, including an architectural glass application to the new assembly hall’s main glazing.
– Capital Build Project for Winter Garden Primary School, the artworks explore a sense of an opening, doorway or journey to another world, place or culture. This is represented by the introduction of industrial plastic artworks that take on the appearance of false doors, stairs and windows situated around the school’s grounds.
– Broomfield NHS Hospital stained glass and custom Polyrey laminate commission. Selected for lead artist for the emergency floor of the new Bouygues [UK] Ltd designed hospital in Essex.
– Large-scale architectural glass commission for the University of Ulster, Art in Architecture scheme. Commission involves producing artwork for cafe bar curtain glazing system, (3 meters in height). Ongoing.
– Commission for Hull NHS Hospital to design of a series of display cabinets for the Pathology Department to showcase a collection of historical scientific and medical instruments.
– Winner of open competition for window commission for Logistik Limited, London branch, Shoreditch. Commission involves the design of 10 x 3 meter glass artwork for new Conrad designed offices.
– Chapel Street Regeneration Public Art Scheme involving the development of a series of creative signage / markers / features along the pedestrian route, ‘Trinity Link’ for Salford City Council.
– Large-scale ceiling to floor screen, lighting and external sign commission, for Bethlem Royal Hospital / Trust Arts.
– Large scale lighting, sculpture and architectural glass commission for York NHS Hospital’s Cancer Care Centre external courtyard and interior main entrance.
– Glass Artwork commission for the new NHS Cardiac & Surgical Unit at Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport.
– Ashington Sure Start Shortlist Design Proposal Commission for primary school perimeter wall scheme, Northumberland.
– CITE public art commission for new paternity NHS hospital, Darwen, involving large-scale atrium decorative glass commission.
– Site specific large scale screen print commission for Broomfield NHS Hospital, Essex, Phase 2, ongoing.
– External seating commission for Cannock Chase Council, Arts for Health project, ‘Walk to Win’ and the Forestry Commission involving bench design and production to be sited on an established trail at Birches Valley in Rugeley, Staffordshire.
– Public art commission for Leicester City Council and Leicester Housing Association involving design of soft and hard landscaping of a seating area, children’s play area, and basketball court with integrated artworks. During this project, Pearman was involved in a series of community workshops working with youth schemes, people with learning difficulties, elderly people and primary school children. The artworks for the scheme include vitreous enamel panels, relief concrete slabs, furniture and a mosaic tiled area.
– Site-specific glass commission for TTP boardroom, Cambridge.
– Design of display tables for ‘Out of Sight’ touring exhibition, Hayward Gallery.
– Site specific large-scale screen print commission for Broomfield NHS Hospital, Essex.
– Cellular phone digital art commission for Vodaphone.
– Architectural glass commission for London Print Studio, involving design and print of panels for the 30-metre glass gallery facade. Working with the project architect to establish the optimum medium, silk-screen printing was combined with a modern process of stained glass, to provide an architectural permanence. The architectural panels are visible from both the interior and exterior of the building.
– Design of display tables for Anthony Gormley touring exhibition, Hayward Gallery.
– Poster design for ‘House of Flora’ launch, in collaboration with Bruce McLean.
– Construction manager and design assistant for ‘Lumina’ public art, in association with ‘Light & Technology’ for the ‘Thames Festival of Discovery’
– Design of recording booth for John Peel’s Meltdown, South Bank Centre.
– Design of display tables for Henry Moore touring exhibition, Hayward Gallery.
– Design of display tables for Bruce Nauman touring exhibition, Hayward Gallery.
– Design of display tables for Angela de la Cruz touring exhibition, Royal Festival Hall.
– BBC offices commission of screen prints.
– IKEA boardroom commission of screen prints
EXHIBITIONS solo and group
– Contemporary Glass Society, 4th Cutting Edge Showcase Exhibition.
– Ornamental Status III, 5th Base Gallery, London. Sculpture and furniture Exhibition.
– Architectural glass exhibition, ‘Nou Vitrall’, Larquitectes Tecnics de Barcelona, Barcelona, as part of Barcelona’s year of design.
– Solo Print Exhibition, Capital Prints, London.
– Window Glass Print solo exhibition, Alphabet, London.
– Furniture and Print solo Exhibition, Oxo Tower Wharf, London.
– Screen print solo installation, Mean Fiddler / Cube, London.
– Glass Print solo exhibition, Crowbar Gallery, Exmouth Mkt., London.
– Flowers East Box Set Exhibition, London.
– Bruce McLean Large Print Exhibition, Ipswich.
– C A D and Internet Touring Exhibition, London, Brighton & Edinburgh.
– Hydra, 333 Club Animation Exhibition, London.
– The Raw Club, digital film presentation, London.
– Fitzrovia Exhibition, Holborn, London.
– International Furniture Trade Fair, special focus stand, Earl’s Court 2, London.
– Art & technology Show, Mall Galleries, London.
– Artists’ Access Scheme at Central St. Martins Art School architectural glass department.
– British Art & Technology Design Show prize-winner with corresponding exhibition at Paddington British Rail Station
– The Bazil Alkazzi Travelling Scholarship
– ‘Glass at Central’, Hildegard Pax.
– ‘Glass and Print’ book from the Institute for international Research in Glass which covers printing techniques for glass, publishers, A&C Black.
– ‘Nou Vitrall’, architectural showcase publication, Larquitectes Tecnics de Barcelona, Barcelona.
– Corning Museum of Glass, New York, annual publication: ‘New Glass Review 23’.
– BBC Radio Leicester interview for Public art commission for Leicester City Council and Leicester Housing Association.